[PATCH 01/11] sha1-file: fix outdated sha1 comment references
- Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 03:33:52 -0500
- From: Jeff King <peff@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH 01/11] sha1-file: fix outdated sha1 comment references
Commit 17e65451e3 (sha1_file: convert check_sha1_signature to struct
object_id, 2018-03-12) switched to using the name "oid", but forgot to
update the variable name in the comment.
Likewise, b4f5aca40e (sha1_file: convert read_sha1_file to struct
object_id, 2018-03-12) dropped the name read_sha1_file(), but missed a
comment which mentions it.
Signed-off-by: Jeff King <peff@xxxxxxxx>
sha1-file.c | 6 +++---
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
diff --git a/sha1-file.c b/sha1-file.c
index c3c6e50704..e86bb28320 100644
@@ -124,7 +124,7 @@ const char *empty_blob_oid_hex(void)
* This is meant to hold a *small* number of objects that you would
- * want read_sha1_file() to be able to return, but yet you do not want
+ * want read_object_file() to be able to return, but yet you do not want
* to write them into the object store (e.g. a browse-only
@@ -798,8 +798,8 @@ void *xmmap(void *start, size_t length,
* With an in-core object data in "map", rehash it to make sure the
- * object name actually matches "sha1" to detect object corruption.
- * With "map" == NULL, try reading the object named with "sha1" using
+ * object name actually matches "oid" to detect object corruption.
+ * With "map" == NULL, try reading the object named with "oid" using
* the streaming interface and rehash it to do the same.
int check_object_signature(const struct object_id *oid, void *map,