a git svn bug
- Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 01:02:34 +0800 (GMT+08:00)
- From: 肖建晶 <06271023@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: a git svn bug
git developers. I found a bug when i want to convert webkit to git
there are some branch named safari... in webkit svn repo.
when i want to convert them to branch in git. a problem happen.
if you want to reproduce the problem, just follow the guide below.
1. git svn clone -s https://svn.webkit.org/......
2. when it runs to about r13800, stop it and rerun the above command
3. the git client will check the refs it already found, and if it met a ~ in the branch name. it will failed to proceed. error is git thinks it an invalid ref name
i digged into it, and found a solution in git/perl/git/svn.pm. I mod this file and bypass the problem.
plean be kind to fix the problem and remind me the fix commit, and i will update to a new version.