Re: What's cooking in git.git (Nov 2018, #06; Wed, 21)
- Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 14:04:02 -0800
- From: Matthew DeVore <matvore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Nov 2018, #06; Wed, 21)
On 11/21/2018 01:00 AM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
* md/list-lazy-objects-fix (2018-10-29) 1 commit
- list-objects.c: don't segfault for missing cmdline objects
"git rev-list --exclude-promissor-objects" had to take an object
that does not exist locally (and is lazily available) from the
command line without barfing, but the code dereferenced NULL.
That sympotom may be worth addressing, but I think the "fix" is
overly broad and is wrong. Giving a missing object should be
diagnosed as an error, not swept under the rug silently.
Thank you for taking a look. I just sent v3 of the patch:
which is different from v2 in that it honors the presence or absence of
--ignore-missing. It will only sweep things under the rug if that flag