[ANNOUNCE] StGit 0.19
- Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2018 11:46:16 -0500
- From: Peter Grayson <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [ANNOUNCE] StGit 0.19
I am pleased to announce the release of Stacked Git 0.19.
The big feature for this release is Python 3 support, but 0.19 also
contains some important bug fixes and more robust test infrastructure.
The full release notes follow.
Stacked Git 0.19 released
StGit is a Python application providing functionality similar to Quilt
(i.e. pushing/popping patches to/from a stack) on top of Git. These
operations are performed using Git commands, and the patches are stored
as Git commit objects, allowing easy merging of the StGit patches into
other repositories using standard Git functionality.
Main repository: https://github.com/ctmarinas/stgit
Project homepage: http://www.procode.org/stgit/
Issue tracker: https://github.com/ctmarinas/stgit/issues
The main changes since release 0.18:
- Python 3 support. StGit supports Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6,
and 3.7. PyPy interpreters are also supported.
- Submodules are now ignored when checking if working tree is clean.
Submodules are also not included by default when refreshing a patch.
- Config booleans are now parsed similarly to git-config.
- contrib/stgit.el is now licenced with GPLv2.
- Repair handling of emails with utf-8 bodies containing latin-1
characters. Also correctly decode email headers containing quoted
- StGit's version is now correct/available in the release archive.
- Add continuous integration (travis-ci) and code coverage (coveralls)
- Many new test cases were added.