Bug: git-svn clone --preserve-empty-dirs fail - couldn't truncate file at /usr/share/perl5/Git.pm line 1337.
- Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 11:23:42 +0100
- From: Georg Tsakumagos <g.tsakumagos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug: git-svn clone --preserve-empty-dirs fail - couldn't truncate file at /usr/share/perl5/Git.pm line 1337.
Hi, i am in the middle of a migration project. Almost over 60 projects (aprox 1/3) suffer from this behaviour. I was able to create a svn repository dump (8MB) of a small project thats provoke that failure. The failure do not occur if the option "--preserve-empty-dirs" is omitted. Also no problem if the svn dump is filtered with "svndumpfilter --drop-empty-revs" before load into a fresh repo.
I'll be able to provide the dump for further investigations. I would send it on demand. I'm able to reproduce the failure with the dump. It seemed many others had suffered from this bug.
Used Version: 1:2.17.1-1ubuntu0.3 OS: Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTSCommandline: /usr/bin/git svn clone --prefix= --preserve-empty-dirs --authors-file=/mnt/migration/authors.txt --stdlayout https://host/repo /mnt/migration/repos/TEST/plausiweb
r37895 = bf620e85ad1ac0d42298cb01cb0dab594958d1e1 (refs/remotes/trunk) A release-pom.xml A plausiweb-report/release-pom.xml M plausiweb-report/pom.xml A plausiweb-web/release-pom.xml M plausiweb-web/pom.xml M pom.xml r37896 = 9420d7081b44797825aa7a19bb508ef2533a3356 (refs/remotes/trunk)Found possible branch point: https://scm/svn/git/java/plausiweb/trunk => https://scm/svn/git/java/plausiweb/tags/plausiweb-18.06.1, 37896 Found branch parent: (refs/remotes/tags/plausiweb-18.06.1) 9420d7081b44797825aa7a19bb508ef2533a3356
Following parent with do_switch couldn't truncate file at /usr/share/perl5/Git.pm line 1337. -- Best regards from Bremen Georg Tsakumagos
- Prev by Date: build error on mac os 10.14.1
- Next by Date: Re: [PATCH] range-diff: add a --no-patch option to show a summary
- Previous by thread: build error on mac os 10.14.1
- Next by thread: [PATCH] format-patch: respect --stat when explicitly specified