[PATCH v2 0/1] branch: introduce --show-current display option
- Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 22:54:31 +0200
- From: Daniels Umanovskis <daniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH v2 0/1] branch: introduce --show-current display option
v2 reroll of a previously-discussed patch. Thanks to everyone for their
comments. Based on feedback:
1. Command is now a verb: git branch --show-current.
2. Changed to gitster's suggested implementation: nothing is printed
if HEAD does not point to a symbolic ref. A fatal
error if HEAD is a symbolic ref but does not start with refs/heads/.
3. Added a test to show this works with worktrees
A process question to the list. The patch adds a new localizable string
that gets output in case of repository corruption. I happen to speak a
couple of the languages that have po files. Is it accepted practice to
also include po edits in my patch in such a case, or should that be
left to the regular l10n workflow?
Daniels Umanovskis (1):
branch: introduce --show-current display option
Documentation/git-branch.txt | 6 +++++-
builtin/branch.c | 21 ++++++++++++++++--
t/t3203-branch-output.sh | 41 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
3 files changed, 65 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)