Re: main url for linking to git source?
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 12:55:08 +0000
- From: "brian m. carlson" <sandals@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: main url for linking to git source?
On Mon, May 07, 2018 at 10:46:58PM -0400, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote: > On Tue, May 08, 2018 at 01:51:30AM +0000, brian m. carlson wrote: > > I think I would also prefer a list of available repositories over a > > hard-coded choice. It may be that some places (say, Australia) have > > better bandwidth to one over the other, and users will be able to have a > > better experience with certain mirrors. > > > > While I'm sympathetic to the idea of referring to kernel.org because > > it's open-source and non-profit, users outside of North America are > > likely to have a less stellar experience with its mirrors, since they're > > all in North America. > > I'm a bit worried that I'll come across as some kind of annoying pedant, > but git.kernel.org is actually 6 different systems available in US, > Europe, Hong Kong, and Australia. :) That is very interesting to know. Perhaps it would be useful to update https://www.kernel.org/category/about.html? I did specifically look to see where various mirrors' servers were located, although I didn't actually test for kernel.org since you specified on the website. -- brian m. carlson: Houston, Texas, US OpenPGP: https://keybase.io/bk2204
Description: PGP signature
- Prev by Date: [PATCH 2/2] gitk: add an option to run gitk on an item in the file list
- Next by Date: Re: [PATCH 2/2] gitk: add an option to run gitk on an item in the file list
- Previous by thread: Re: main url for linking to git source?
- Next by thread: Re: main url for linking to git source?