Re: main url for linking to git source?
- Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 22:46:58 -0400
- From: Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstantin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: main url for linking to git source?
On Tue, May 08, 2018 at 01:51:30AM +0000, brian m. carlson wrote: > On Mon, May 07, 2018 at 11:15:46AM -0700, Stefan Beller wrote: > > There I would try to mirror Junios list of "public repositories" > > https://git-blame.blogspot.com/p/git-public-repositories.html > > without officially endorsing one over another. > > I think I would also prefer a list of available repositories over a > hard-coded choice. It may be that some places (say, Australia) have > better bandwidth to one over the other, and users will be able to have a > better experience with certain mirrors. > > While I'm sympathetic to the idea of referring to kernel.org because > it's open-source and non-profit, users outside of North America are > likely to have a less stellar experience with its mirrors, since they're > all in North America. I'm a bit worried that I'll come across as some kind of annoying pedant, but git.kernel.org is actually 6 different systems available in US, Europe, Hong Kong, and Australia. :) We use geodns to map users to the nearest server (I know, GeoDNS is not the best, but it's what we have for free). -K
Description: PGP signature
- Prev by Date: Re: [PATCH 3/8] push tests: add more testing for forced tag pushing
- Next by Date: Re: [PATCH 3/8] push tests: add more testing for forced tag pushing
- Previous by thread: Re: main url for linking to git source?
- Next by thread: Re: main url for linking to git source?