How to configure sendemail for no-auth?
- Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 09:23:58 +0200
- From: Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: How to configure sendemail for no-auth?
My ~/.gitconfig looks like this, because all cloned repositories require these settings: [sendemail] from = Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx> envelopesender = olaf@xxxxxxxxx chainreplyto = false ccover = yes smtpencryption = tls smtpdomain = sender smtppass = smtppass smtpAuth = PLAIN smtpserver = smtp.strato.de smtpuser = smtpuser confirm = always assume8bitEncoding = yes transferEncoding = 8bit Now there is that one repo that requires this: [sendemail] from = Olaf Hering <email@example.com> envelopesender = firstname.lastname@example.org smtpserver = otherhost That "otherhost" does just plain oldstyle unencrypted SMTP. How do I undo the global sendemail settings for that one repo? Setting the knobs to empty strings does not help: Command unknown: 'AUTH' at /usr/lib/git/git-send-email line 1455. It seems the global smtpuser is causing the error. Olaf
Description: Digitale Signatur von OpenPGP
- Prev by Date: Re: [PATCH] specify encoding for sed command
- Next by Date: Re: [PATCH v5 2/5] stash: convert apply to builtin
- Previous by thread: my Greetings with proposal, contact me on : EGAVI2020@xxxxxxxxx
- Next by thread: How to undo previously set configuration?