[PATCH 6/6] commit-graph.txt: update future work
- Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 12:51:43 -0400
- From: Derrick Stolee <dstolee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH 6/6] commit-graph.txt: update future work
We now calculate generation numbers in the commit-graph file and use
them in paint_down_to_common().
Signed-off-by: Derrick Stolee <dstolee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Documentation/technical/commit-graph.txt | 7 +------
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 6 deletions(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/technical/commit-graph.txt b/Documentation/technical/commit-graph.txt
index 0550c6d0dc..be68bee43d 100644
@@ -98,17 +98,12 @@ Future Work
- The 'commit-graph' subcommand does not have a "verify" mode that is
necessary for integration with fsck.
-- The file format includes room for precomputed generation numbers. These
- are not currently computed, so all generation numbers will be marked as
- 0 (or "uncomputed"). A later patch will include this calculation.
- After computing and storing generation numbers, we must make graph
walks aware of generation numbers to gain the performance benefits they
enable. This will mostly be accomplished by swapping a commit-date-ordered
priority queue with one ordered by generation number. The following
- operations are important candidates:
+ operation is an important candidate:
- - paint_down_to_common()
- 'log --topo-order'
- Currently, parse_commit_gently() requires filling in the root tree