Re: [RFC PATCH 000/194] Moving global state into the repository object
- Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 11:39:57 -0500
- From: Jeff Hostetler <git@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 000/194] Moving global state into the repository object
On 2/5/2018 6:51 PM, Stefan Beller wrote:
This series moves a lot of global state into the repository struct.
It applies on top of 2512f15446149235156528dafbe75930c712b29e (2.16.0)
It can be found at https://github.com/stefanbeller/git/tree/object-store
Motivation for this series:
* Easier to reason about code when all state is stored in one place,
for example for multithreading
* Easier to move to processing submodules in-process instead of
calling a processes for the submodule handling.
The last patch demonstrates this.
Very nice. My eyes glazed over a few times, but I like the
direction you're heading here.
Thanks for tackling this!