Git uses wrong subkey for signing commits with GPG key
- Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 01:09:40 +0100
- From: Andrzej Ośmiałowski <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Git uses wrong subkey for signing commits with GPG key
I have an issue with git and signing commits with GPG subkey.
- master key used for certification only
- subkey for my main workstation
- subkey for my mobile workstation (a notebook).
Both subkeys are used for signing only.
I've configured git to use my specific subkey however it does not
work: git config --global user.signingkey = KEYID. Every commit is
being signed using the newest subkey. I've verified the same behavior
on three systems (although with the same setup). I've tried to use
--gpg-sign=KEYID flag, but it does not work either.
Is there any other info I shall provide?