[PATCH v2 0/2] Incremental rewrite of git-submodules
- Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 01:47:19 +0530
- From: Prathamesh Chavan <pc44800@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] Incremental rewrite of git-submodules
Changes made to the previous version of the patch series:
* Since later on with certain patches, the number of bit-parameters to
be passed to a few functions depend on many parameters, I prefered
using a single flag bit.
* Memory-leak of the variable 'remote' in the function:
print_default_remote() was avoided.
* Additional condition were introduced while freeing the variables:
sub_origin_url and super_config_url.
* print messages and comments in the deinit_submodule function were
corrected as suggested in previous review of this patch.
* Call to the function lstat() for identifying the directory mode was
avoided and instead 0777 was used. An additional improvement is to be
made over this patch, but since the improvement can not directly be
part of the "rewirte in C", the patch would be floated saperately on
the mailing list.
As before you can find this series at:
And its build report is available at:
Prathamesh Chavan (2):
submodule: port submodule subcommand 'sync' from shell to C
submodule: port submodule subcommand 'deinit' from shell to C
builtin/submodule--helper.c | 342 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
git-submodule.sh | 112 +--------------
2 files changed, 344 insertions(+), 110 deletions(-)