Re: [PATCH 03/20] cat-file: rename variables in ref-filter
- Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 14:04:21 -0800
- From: Junio C Hamano <gitster@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 03/20] cat-file: rename variables in ref-filter
Olga Telezhnaya <olyatelezhnaya@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Rename some variables for easier reading.
> They point not to values, but to arrays.
Once the code is written and people start to build on top, a change
like this is not worth the code churn, especially because there are
two equally valid schools of naming convention.
- When you have an array, each of whose 20 slots holds a single
dosh, I would prefer to call the array dosh, not doshes,
so that I can refer to the seventh dosh as "dosh".
- If you more often refer to the array as a whole (than you refer
to individual elements) and want to stress the fact that the
array holds multiple elements in it, I can understand that you
may be tempted to call the whole array "doshes".
So please drop this and other "rename variables" patches from the