[PATCH] doc/read-tree: remove obsolete remark
- Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 16:30:34 +0100
- From: "Andreas G. Schacker" <andreas.schacker@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH] doc/read-tree: remove obsolete remark
Earlier versions of `git read-tree` required the `--prefix` option value
to end with a slash. This restriction was eventually lifted without a
corresponding amendment to the documentation.
Signed-off-by: Andreas G. Schacker <andreas.schacker@xxxxxxxxx>
Documentation/git-read-tree.txt | 5 ++---
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/git-read-tree.txt b/Documentation/git-read-tree.txt
index 72bd809fb..f2a07d54d 100644
@@ -81,12 +81,11 @@ OPTIONS
* when both sides add a path identically. The resolution
is to add that path.
Keep the current index contents, and read the contents
of the named tree-ish under the directory at `<prefix>`.
The command will refuse to overwrite entries that already
- existed in the original index file. Note that the `<prefix>/`
- value must end with a slash.
+ existed in the original index file.
When running the command with `-u` and `-m` options, the