Re: imap-send with gmail: curl_easy_perform() failed: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL
- Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 22:28:32 -0500
- From: Jeff King <peff@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: imap-send with gmail: curl_easy_perform() failed: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL
On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 06:04:45PM -0800, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> > Password for 'imaps://doron.behar@firstname.lastname@example.org':
> > sending 3 messages
> > curl_easy_perform() failed: URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL
> > ```
> Thanks for reporting this. I suspect this is related to
> v2.15.0-rc0~63^2 (imap-send: use curl by default when possible,
> 2017-09-14) --- e.g. perhaps our custom IMAP code was doing some
> escaping on the username that libcurl does not do.
> "man git imap-send" says this is a recommended configuration, so I
> don't think it's a configuration error.
> What platform are you on? What version of libcurl are you using?
All good thoughts/questions. I have two suggestions to add:
1. As an immediate work-around, running "imap-send --no-curl" may work.
That will at least get this case working while we debug.
2. Setting GIT_TRACE_CURL=1 may dump more verbose information. But one
caveat: if you get as far as authenticating, then the trace will
contain your password. We redact HTTP auth from the trace output,
but not imap ones.