Re: [PATCH] notes: add `rm` and `delete` commands
- Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 11:18:01 -0500
- From: Eric Sunshine <sunshine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] notes: add `rm` and `delete` commands
On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 8:46 AM, Adam Dinwoodie <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Add `git notes rm` and `git notes delete` as alternative ways of saying
> `git notes remove`.
The justification for this change seems to be missing from the commit message.
One can formulate arguments for the change:
- "rm" & "delete" more intuitive for Unix and DOS users
- for consistency with git-<fill-in-blank> command(s)
or against the change:
- synonym bloat; balloons documentation
- steals command verbs from potential future features
> Signed-off-by: Adam Dinwoodie <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>