Re: [PATCH] api-argv-array.txt: Update link to string-list API
- Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 11:38:40 +0900
- From: Junio C Hamano <gitster@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] api-argv-array.txt: Update link to string-list API
Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I noticed this broken link in the html documentation while building
> 2.15.0-rc0. I'm not sure whether it's better to point the link to the
> string-list.h file on Git Hub, remove the link, or drop the entire
Probably removing the link is the right thing to do. In the longer
term, as we move more and more API documentation to the header file,
we may want to have a mechanism in the documentation build procedure
to extract them back to text. And at that point:
- the API doc for argv-array is no longer in api-argv-array.txt in
the source form;
- however, it would be extacted from argv-array.h and made into
manpage or html or whatever human readable format.
- the API doc for string-list would also be extracted from
string-list.h and made into manpage or html or whatever human
- And these two can refer to each other as needed.
But we are not there yet.
> The change I made to remove the link was simply:
> -The link:api-string-list.html[string-list API] is similar, but cannot be
> +The string-list API (documented in string-list.h) is similar, but cannot be
This is preferrable for now, I would think.