Re: [L10N] Kickoff of translation for Git 2.14.0 round 1
- Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 21:30:19 +0200
- From: Jean-Noël Avila <jn.avila@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [L10N] Kickoff of translation for Git 2.14.0 round 1
Le 15/07/2017 à 07:06, Jiang Xin a écrit :
> Git v2.14.0-rc0 has been released, and it's time to start new round of git l10n.
> This time there are 30+ updated messages need to be translated since last
> l10n: git.pot: v2.14.0 round 1 (34 new, 23 removed)
> Generate po/git.pot from v2.14.0-rc0 for git v2.14.0 l10n round 1.
> Signed-off-by: Jiang Xin <worldhello.net@xxxxxxxxx>
> You can get it from the usual place:
> As how to update your XX.po and help to translate Git, please see
> "Updating a XX.po file" and other sections in “po/README" file.
> Jiang Xin
A few remarks on i18n:
* commit cb71f8bdb5 ("PRItime: introduce a new "printf format" for
timestamps") does not play well with i18n framework. The static string
concatenation cannot be correctly interpreted by msgmerge. I don't know
how we can combine variable format indicators with translatable strings.
* commit 4ddb1354e8 ("status: contextually notify user about an initial
commit") plays sentence lego while introducing colorization which again
does not play well with i18n.