[ANNOUNCE] Git v2.13.3
- Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 16:04:13 -0700
- From: Junio C Hamano <gitster@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.13.3
The latest maintenance release Git v2.13.3 is now available at
the usual places.
The tarballs are found at:
The following public repositories all have a copy of the 'v2.13.3'
tag and the 'maint' branch that the tag points at:
url = https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/git/git
url = git://repo.or.cz/alt-git.git
url = https://github.com/gitster/git
Git v2.13.3 Release Notes
Fixes since v2.13.2
* The "collision detecting" SHA-1 implementation shipped with 2.13.2
was still broken on some platforms. Update to the upstream code
again to take their fix.
* The 'diff-highlight' program (in contrib/) has been restructured
for easier reuse by an external project 'diff-so-fancy'.
* "git mergetool" learned to work around a wrapper MacOS X adds
around underlying meld.
* An example in documentation that does not work in multi worktree
configuration has been corrected.
* The pretty-format specifiers like '%h', '%t', etc. had an
optimization that no longer works correctly. In preparation/hope
of getting it correctly implemented, first discard the optimization
that is broken.
* The code to pick up and execute command alias definition from the
configuration used to switch to the top of the working tree and
then come back when the expanded alias was executed, which was
unnecessarilyl complex. Attempt to simplify the logic by using the
early-config mechanism that does not chdir around.
* "git add -p" were updated in 2.12 timeframe to cope with custom
core.commentchar but the implementation was buggy and a
metacharacter like $ and * did not work.
* Fix a recent regression to "git rebase -i" and add tests that would
have caught it and others.
* An unaligned 32-bit access in pack-bitmap code ahs been corrected.
* Tighten error checks for invalid "git apply" input.
* The split index code did not honor core.sharedrepository setting
* The Makefile rule in contrib/subtree for building documentation
learned to honour USE_ASCIIDOCTOR just like the main documentation
* A few tests that tried to verify the contents of push certificates
did not use 'git rev-parse' to formulate the line to look for in
the certificate correctly.
* After "git branch --move" of the currently checked out branch, the
code to walk the reflog of HEAD via "log -g" and friends
incorrectly stopped at the reflog entry that records the renaming
of the branch.
* The rewrite of "git branch --list" using for-each-ref's internals
that happened in v2.13 regressed its handling of color.branch.local;
this has been fixed.
Also contains various documentation updates and code clean-ups.
Changes since v2.13.2 are as follows:
A. Wilcox (1):
subtree: honour USE_ASCIIDOCTOR when set
Alejandro R. Sedeño (1):
ref-filter.c: drop return from void function
Andreas Heiduk (2):
doc: do not use `rm .git/index` when normalizing line endings
doc: clarify syntax for %C(auto,...) in pretty formats
Christian Couder (3):
read-cache: use shared perms when writing shared index
t1301: move modebits() to test-lib-functions.sh
t1700: make sure split-index respects core.sharedrepository
David Aguilar (1):
mergetools/meld: improve compatibiilty with Meld on macOS X
James Clarke (1):
pack-bitmap: don't perform unaligned memory access
Jeff King (10):
diff-highlight: split code into module
add--interactive: handle EOF in prompt_yesno
add--interactive: quote commentChar regex
reflog-walk: skip over double-null oid due to HEAD rename
reflog-walk: duplicate strings in complete_reflogs list
reflog-walk: don't free reflogs added to cache
reflog-walk: include all fields when freeing complete_reflogs
branch: only perform HEAD check for local branches
branch: use BRANCH_COLOR_LOCAL in ref-filter format
branch: set remote color in ref-filter branch immediately
Johannes Schindelin (8):
discover_git_directory(): avoid setting invalid git_dir
config: report correct line number upon error
help: use early config when autocorrecting aliases
t1308: relax the test verifying that empty alias values are disallowed
t7006: demonstrate a problem with aliases in subdirectories
alias: use the early config machinery to expand aliases
sequencer: print autostash messages to stderr
t5534: fix misleading grep invocation
Junio C Hamano (5):
t3420: fix under GETTEXT_POISON build
t1450: use egrep for regexp "alternation"
submodule--helper: do not call utf8_fprintf() unnecessarily
Prepare for 2.13.3
Kaartic Sivaraam (2):
t7508: fix a broken indentation
builtin/commit.c: fix a typo in the comment
Marc Branchaud (1):
auto-correct: tweak phrasing
Phillip Wood (3):
rebase -i: add test for reflog message
rebase: add regression tests for console output
rebase: add more regression tests for console output
Ralf Thielow (1):
l10n: de.po: fix typo
René Scharfe (4):
pretty: recalculate duplicate short hashes
apply: check git diffs for missing old filenames
apply: check git diffs for invalid file modes
apply: check git diffs for mutually exclusive header lines
Stefan Beller (2):
t4005: modernize style and drop hard coded sha1
merge-recursive: use DIFF_XDL_SET macro
Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (1):
sha1dc: update from upstream