[GSoC] Update: Week 8
- Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 04:15:19 +0530
- From: Prathamesh Chavan <pc44800@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [GSoC] Update: Week 8
SUMMARY OF MY PROJECT:
Git submodule subcommands are currently implemented by using shell script
'git-submodule.sh'. There are several reasons why we'll prefer not to
use the shell script. My project intends to convert the subcommands into
C code, thus making them builtins. This will increase Git's portability
and hence the efficiency of working with the git-submodule commands.
Link to the complete proposal: 
Stefan Beller <sbeller@xxxxxxxxxx>
Christian Couder <christian.couder@xxxxxxxxx>
Following are the updates about my ongoing project:
1. deinit: This patch is updated after its last review.
and the updated one is attached with this update.
2. summary: Most of the time of the week was utilized for debugging
this patch. Its debugging is completed and the patch also went
under some review off the mailing list. Hence, this patch is also
attached for review in the latest update.
PLAN FOR WEEK-9 (11 July 2017 to 17 July 2017):
1. In this week a new version of 'deinit' patch is included, and well
as the first version of 'summary' is also included. In the following
week, I aim to work on improvising these patches.
2. Apart from that, I also aim to work on getting the rest of the patches
('status', 'sync', and other functions) merged.
3. There is still work left with the foreach patch, and I wasn't able
to work on this week. Hence, I will work on finding a way of generating
the path variable without any hacks.