[PATCH 02/23] refs.h: clarify docstring for the ref_transaction_update()-related fns
- Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 14:05:25 +0200
- From: Michael Haggerty <mhagger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH 02/23] refs.h: clarify docstring for the ref_transaction_update()-related fns
In particular, make it clear that they make copies of the sha1
Signed-off-by: Michael Haggerty <mhagger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
refs.h | 13 +++++++++++++
1 file changed, 13 insertions(+)
diff --git a/refs.h b/refs.h
index d18ef47128..a7d7b1afdf 100644
@@ -427,6 +427,19 @@ struct ref_transaction *ref_transaction_begin(struct strbuf *err);
* refname -- the name of the reference to be affected.
+ * new_sha1 -- the SHA-1 that should be set to be the new value of
+ * the reference. Some functions allow this parameter to be
+ * NULL, meaning that the reference is not changed, or
+ * null_sha1, meaning that the reference should be deleted. A
+ * copy of this value is made in the transaction.
+ * old_sha1 -- the SHA-1 value that the reference must have before
+ * the update. Some functions allow this parameter to be NULL,
+ * meaning that the old value of the reference is not checked,
+ * or null_sha1, meaning that the reference must not exist
+ * before the update. A copy of this value is made in the
+ * transaction.
* flags -- flags affecting the update, passed to
* update_ref_lock(). Can be REF_NODEREF, which means that
* symbolic references should not be followed.