[PATCH 5/6] docs/bisect-lk2009: update nist report link
- Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 16:35:28 -0400
- From: Jeff King <peff@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [PATCH 5/6] docs/bisect-lk2009: update nist report link
The original NIST press release linked here is no longer
available. But it was just a one-page summary of a larger
planning report; we can link to the report and point people
to the executive summary, which contains the same
Ideally we'd cite it with a DOI, but I couldn't dig one up
for this particular document. I found many URLs pointing to
this report, but they all end up redirecting to this one
(and it looks somewhat official).
Signed-off-by: Jeff King <peff@xxxxxxxx>
This one and the next are in somewhat of a historical document, so maybe
it's better to leave it as-is. We _do_ build it via "make html", though.
Documentation/git-bisect-lk2009.txt | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/git-bisect-lk2009.txt b/Documentation/git-bisect-lk2009.txt
index 716d66d43..263a853fa 100644
@@ -1347,7 +1347,7 @@ author to given a talk and for publishing this paper.
-- [[]] http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/releases/n02-10.htm['Software Errors Cost U.S. Economy $59.5 Billion Annually'. Nist News Release.]
+- [[]] https://www.nist.gov/sites/default/files/documents/director/planning/report02-3.pdf['The Economic Impacts of Inadequate Infratructure for Software Testing'. Nist Planning Report 02-3], see Executive Summary and Chapter 8.
- [[]] http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConventions.doc.html#16712['Code Conventions for the Java Programming Language'. Sun Microsystems.]
- [[]] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_maintenance['Software maintenance'. Wikipedia.]
- [[]] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/45195/[Junio C Hamano. 'Automated bisect success story'. Gmane.]