Re: [PATCH 00/10] RFC Partial Clone and Fetch
- Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 10:13:56 -0400
- From: Jeff Hostetler <git@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/10] RFC Partial Clone and Fetch
On 3/16/2017 5:43 PM, Jeff Hostetler wrote:
On 3/9/2017 3:18 PM, Jonathan Tan wrote:
Overall, this fetch/clone approach seems reasonable to me, except
perhaps some unanswered questions (some of which are also being
- does the server need to tell us of missing blobs?
- if yes, does the server need to tell us their file sizes?
File sizes are a nice addition. For example, with a virtual
file system, a "ls -l" can lie and tell you the sizes of the
Nevermind the "ls -l" case, I forgot about the need for the
client to display the size of the (possibly) smudged file,
rather than the actual blob size.