Re: Git Vendor Support
- Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 19:57:59 +0300
- From: Konstantin Khomoutov <kostix+git@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Git Vendor Support
On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 16:13:20 +0000
"COLLINS, ROGER W GG-12 USAF NASIC/SCPW" <roger.collins@xxxxxxxxx>
> Is there is a specific group or vendor backing Git? As part of our
> internal approval process, our organization requires that we list a
> vendor that provides active support (ie. Patches) for the Git
As Git is a volunteer-driven free-software project, there are no vendors
Looks like you basically have two options to fulfill the requirements
of your organization:
* Contact the Software Freedom Conservancy  which is an official
body serving as an aegis for Git and a bunch of other F/OSS projects.
They are not vendor but at least they are a legal entity and are
able to do law-speak.
* Sign a contract with any company offerring support for Git or
its Git-based solutions. Atlassian might be an option (I don't know
for sure -- just speculating, and I'm not affiliated with them
in any regard).