kvm win8 gues audio is terrible.
- Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 17:48:00 -0500
- From: "R. Ramesh" <rramesh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: kvm win8 gues audio is terrible.
I created a fresh install of debian stretch amd64. In that I created a qemu/kvm guess install of win8. It only accepted hda as a valid sound card. All others show us without drivers. So, I am limited to only HDA as -soundhw. Further HDA sounds so broken if I try to test with any sound file or youtube video. It is grainy/distorted and outright horrible.
Google searches mentions something about MSI and those approaches are simply not accepted by win8. So, I could not use them. I am wondering if there is something fundamentally wrong with windows guests or is there a setting that I missing.
- Prev by Date: Re: Ping as normal user (Was: Why /usr/sbin is not in my root $PATH ?)
- Next by Date: A couple things yet on stretch install, amd64 version
- Previous by thread: Re: kvm win8 guest audio is terrible.
- Next by thread: buildd and buildbot