Re: Just had to reset/reboot again, total loss of keyboard & mouse
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 09:16:34 -0300
- From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Just had to reset/reboot again, total loss of keyboard & mouse
On Fri, 17 May 2019, Gene Heskett wrote:
> The first thing I saw as it rebooted was some msgs about hid-common
> This was before recovering the journal on the boot drive.
That's a core component of the Linux *kernel* HID (human interface
You need, for a bug report:
1. the *exact* kernel version installed (where you got it from, its full
2. stack of loaded modules (output of lsmod)
3. the boot messages (output of "journalctl -b 0 -k")
4. the stack of USB crap plugged to the kernel (output of "lsusb -vvv" as
5. just in case, the output of "lspci -vvv" as root as well.
You can try downgrading (our updating) your kernel to narrow down the
Just don't use any kernel 5.1.x where x < 4: it can corrupt ext4