Fully automatic installation of Debian made simple
- Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 09:37:47 +0100
- From: André Rodier <andre@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Fully automatic installation of Debian made simple
Hello Debian users,
For those who are interested in fully automatic installation of Debian,
I have published something that you'll find useful.
It allows you to create a fully automatic Debian installation disk very
easily, using a simple YAML file to describe the system and docker to
build the ISO image.
For now, there are three flavours you can use:
- lvm: Simple logical volume on one disk, no encryption.
- raid: Create an ISO image with software RAID and LVM (RAID1, two
- luks: Create and ISO image with fully encrypted disk (one disk only).
It has been tested on Debian Stretch only for now.
- AppArmor activated on boot.
- Root password set.
- Your SSH public key is installed for root.
A big thanks to simple-cdd and reprepro, this could not have been
possible without these tools.