Web lists-archives.com

Re: Is Debian 9 supposed to work on a Geode?

><Bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>bw wrote:
>> You tested a live 686 image, or the installer?

>I followed these instructions:

>https://www.debian.org/releases/stretch/i386/release-notes/ch-upgrading.html

Well, I never did a jessie>stretch upgrade, but there were many changes
that could cause a problem booting that appear to be kernel, when they are
not.  I had issues on older machines (not that old) when I tried running
stretch for a variety of reasons, including firmware, backlight-restore
services, and other different problems I don't recall ATM.

If you successfully test a live image and can boot to rescue mode, or can
successfully boot the netinst, I'd guess that the cpu is somewhat still
supported?

Good luck,
bw