Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT Calibre

On Mon 22 Apr 2019 at 19:00:14 (-0400), Bob Bernstein wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2019, Siard wrote:
>
> > Even simpler: Ctrl-Q makes it quit.  (Calibre 3.39.1, testing)
>
> Egad! Who knew? I trust that is documented in some easily accessible
> reference document, yes?

Off the top of my head, the only application that doesn't respond to
either q or ^Q is evince, which seems only to react to ^W.

As ^W is quite frequently used for Close Window, that seems just about
adequate. I presume this role is documented in some sort of Desktop
Usability Guide but if not, you're likely to stumble on it when your
typing skills accidentally fail (QWERTY…).

Cheers,
David.