GPT partions: capability for user friendly labels on partitions for all OSs?
- Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 08:42:32 -0500
- From: Tom Browder <tom.browder@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: GPT partions: capability for user friendly labels on partitions for all OSs?
I run dual boot Deb/Win 10 on several systems, only one of which has UEFI capability (the latest, new as of last fall). Unfortunately, I failed to use the GPT on the new one, and the Win 10 disk management program doesn't show much info on the non-NTFS disks.
Does GPT partitioning on Windows 10 allow a user-friendly label along with its UUID for a partition?
If so, is that label visible with Debian system administration programs as well?
Thanks very much.
- Prev by Date: Re: Wondering how long it usually takes for a package to move from stable-p-u
- Next by Date: Debugging samba
- Previous by thread: New dual boot laptop: Best file system for a USB live image for installation?
- Next by thread: Re: GPT partions: capability for user friendly labels on partitions for all OSs?