Web lists-archives.com

Re: terminal with right-click = paste?

>for now I'm still of the opinion that the computer
>should change to accommodate my work style - not the other way around.

Yeah I'm down with that idea, I didn't say give up.  I like the idea of
only changing xterm, because the right click is so useful everywhere else
you would not want to remap it globally...

Looking manpage for xterm I didn't see a resource, (there may be one not
listed?) but there's an example that has some potential, but on a quick
test here, it pastes after a right/left combination of clicks...

*VT100*translations:    #override \n\
               <Btn3Up>: insert-selection(PRIMARY, CUT_BUFFER0) \n\

T test or refine the settings, you can drop similar snippets into
~.Xresources and run

$ xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources

as your regular user and they take affect on next xterm opened.  The local
Xresources file is usually read on login, but I think some display
managers do bypass it.