Re: Q. about Tinkering with Debian Source Code
- Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 20:34:14 -0400
- From: Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Q. about Tinkering with Debian Source Code
On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 04:49:15PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > When I use "apt source sl" (from sid, into its own directory) and compare
> > that tree (?) with what I get if I download via what that suggests (git
> > clone https://salsa.debian.org/debian/sl.git) (into its own directory), I
> > notice that the Makefile in the Debian version is slightly
> > more complex.
> I believe the difference should be that "apt source sl" will have
> applied the patches that you can find in the `debian/patches`
> subdirectory of the https://salsa.debian.org/debian/sl.git version.
Apart from that, depending on how active development on a given package
is, the code checked out by debcheckout may differ from what is
currently in Debian.
Some reasons for this might include:
- The maintainer has made new commits that have not yet been uploaded to
- You are running stable and debcheckout gets an old repository URL that
is no longer in use (in which case you get outdated code)
Roberto C. Sánchez