[SOLVED] Re: privoxy - which is the correct configuration?
- Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 11:14:16 +0100
- From: Hans <hans.ullrich@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: [SOLVED] Re: privoxy - which is the correct configuration?
Am Sonntag, 24. März 2019, 10:56:10 CET schrieb Reco: > Hi. > Hi, > > Ok, a new question: But, if I want someone give the opportunity, to go to > > the web with tor and I want to let him use my computer as a proxy, then > > he may use my privoxy on port 8118 and can use it? > > As long as you permit it. Currently your Privoxy won't accept any > connections from outside of it's host. > > > Simply let privoxy also listen to his IP, right? (of course only as a > > short solution). > > Er, no. Forcing privoxy to listen someone else's IP won't do anyone any > good. > You should either specify *your* IP to listen, or use something like > this (which will listen on any interface): > > listen-address 0.0.0.0:8118 > > I also suggest specifying these: > > enable-remote-toggle 0 > enable-remote-http-toggle 0 > enable-edit-actions 0 > > You'll hardly need this someone else to modify your privoxy settings at > runtime, or bypassing Tor. > > Reco Hmm, my intention was, just to let only his special IP to use my proxy, not all IPs. However, I see, that it will work. And of course, your other mentioned configurations will be taken care of. I think, my missing little "bricks" of knowledge are now existent, so I can only say "thank you very much for all the help!" and leave this discussion safely as solved. Have a nice weekend! Best Hans
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
- Prev by Date: Re: privoxy - which is the correct configuration?
- Next by Date: Re: [SOLVED] Re: privoxy - which is the correct configuration?
- Previous by thread: Re: privoxy - which is the correct configuration?
- Next by thread: Re: [SOLVED] Re: privoxy - which is the correct configuration?