Re: Keyboard and touchpad not working after waking up from a suspension
- Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 10:00:52 -0500
- From: Carl Fink <carlf@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Keyboard and touchpad not working after waking up from a suspension
On 3/3/19 9:27 AM, ksqsf wrote:
I have found the screen won't wake after sleeping, which makes it
appear the keyboard and mouse are not working. Switching to a virtual
console and back makes it all work again. I simply hit Ctl+Alt+F4,
a second, and hit Alt+F7.
Thanks. I've never thought of switching to another tty. Unfortunately,
this workaround doesn't work for me.
1. nothing happens when press Ctrl+Alt+F4
2. use a USB keyboard to switch to tty4
3. surprisingly, the laptop keyboard works well, and I can login
4. switch back to the graphical login, the laptop keyboard stops
Now I strongly suspect it's a GNOME problem...
I have also had the "keyboard and mouse ignored when returning from monitor
sleep" issue, fixed by ctrl-alt-F1 and then ctrl-alt-F7. Oddly, when I hit
c-a-f7, I get a screen telling me that the screen is locked and I'll be
to the login screen in a few seconds. Why? Why not just take me to the login
screen? What's the value of that message?
Also, just now I had the "ignore keyboard, won't return from monitor sleep"
issue. I was in the middle of something, so when pressing a key did
walked away and came back a few minutes later ... and NOW the keyboard
did unsleep the monitor. What the?
Carl Fink nitpicking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com. Reviews! Observations!