(Stuck! Fresh 9.6 install) iwlwifi-8625-26.ucode <- Can not find/what is it? Spot of help please?
- Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 13:33:39 -0500
- From: deb <deb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: (Stuck! Fresh 9.6 install) iwlwifi-8625-26.ucode <- Can not find/what is it? Spot of help please?
When I hit the networking section on a fresh install of 9.6 (full
install .ISO, not live),
I'm told to insert a USB of these non-free bits.
iwlwifi-8625-26.ucode, iwlwifi-8625-25.ucode, iwlwifi-8625-24.ucode,
The Problem is - I can't find 26-to-23 anywhere online.
My research attempts are below.
* What *are* 26, 25, 24, 23 for? I'm guessing Intel wifi; as that's what
I believe -22 is for.
But I don't see 26 to 23 listed anywhere...
* wouldn't it be useful for the installer to Also say what exact
hardware it is, that is requiring various bits & pieces?
* 1 yr old Intel NUC, i7; new.
* Crucial memory, new.
* Kingston A400 SSD, new.
* aforementioned full 9.6 Stretch install .iso on a USB stick. I'm
using the graphical install.
My research attempts before emailing the list, are below.
1. THIS is a good resource, from a fellow with a similar Jessie-related
However neither this, nor the /stretch versions have anything on 26-23.
2. The archive files that I found with -22, do not include any 26-23 files.
3. Package Search turns up nothing:
4. Intel's current wireless section only has -22 files.
(also see 2. above)
5. A flat out search turns up nothing.
A spot of help please?