Web lists-archives.com

Re: how to select part of old mp3 and create new one

Hi,

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 07:08:26 +0000 (UTC)
Long Wind <longwind2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> i want to copy part of old mp3 file and create a new oneat first, i
> install lame, but it doesn't seem to have such abilityi try mencoder,
> it doesn't eitherthen i try qmp3cut, it says "no valid header
> found"though i can play the mp3 file and it's OK what should i do next?
> Thanks!

as Mick pointed out ffmpeg should be able to do this if you figure out
the suitable command line. If you prefer a gui, I think audacity should
be able to do this, and it might be easier to determine the desired start
and end points from a gui.

Regards

Michael

Most legends have their basis in facts.
		-- Kirk, "And The Children Shall Lead", stardate 5029.5