Web lists-archives.com

Re: Partition information as text file?

Richard Owlett composed on 2019-01-26 15:10 (UTC-0600):

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> Richard Owlett composed on 2019-01-26 08:32 (UTC-0600):

>> I don't use a spreadsheet.

> I was using "spreadsheet" in the most possible generic way ;/

>> 	http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Dfsee/

>> http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Dfsee/gb250L04.txt is from GPT partitioning for UEFI.

> I _quickly_ browsed those sites.
> I don't think they were attempting to *ANSWER* "my questions".

Those other than gb250L04.txt were examples of the realities reported by the logging processes,
while gb250L04.txt is one of the log remainders kept that comprise my actual inventory. That
directory is not my actual inventory.

> I'll attempt to redefine my problem.

> I have:
>    multiple machines

As I, >25.

> each having
>    multiple disks

Most of mine have but one. With three exceptions, those with more than one have more than one
because of RAID.

> each having
>    multiple partitions.

Two of mine have more than 50, several more than 40, most between 12 and 30.

> I wish to inventory the above "conglomeration".

> I wish to to answer the question(s):
>    How big is each
>    How much is available

What's missing in what I keep is freespace available on filesystems, which I don't try to keep
track of, but the tool I use probably could include that as well. Unpartitioned space is as obvious
as partition sizes.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/