Re: Optimizing use of /var/cache/apt/archives/ by Synaptic &/or apt-get
- Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 15:53:13 +0100
- From: Pascal Hambourg <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Optimizing use of /var/cache/apt/archives/ by Synaptic &/or apt-get
Le 23/01/2019 à 15:43, Richard Owlett a écrit :
1. If /var/cache/apt/archives/ has the same or later version version of
a package, will Synaptic and apt-get automatically use contents of
/var/cache/apt/archives/ in preference to downloading whatever is at
location specified by sources.list?
Same version : yes. Later version : no.
2. If there is no internet connection at the moment, will Synaptic and
apt-get use the latest version in /var/cache/apt/archives/ ?
apt-get uses a version in the cache if and only if it matches the
requested version, regardless of the internet connectivity.
1) apt decides which version of a package it wants.
2) If that package version is present in the cache, it uses it.
3) Otherwise, it selects a mirror and downloads it from there.