Re: kernel parallel builds?
- Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 16:23:35 +0100
- From: Andrea Borgia <andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: kernel parallel builds?
Il 14/01/19 16:48, Andrea Borgia ha scritto:
I am sort of bound to using the packaged kernel source, since I wanted
to minimize the changes (applying only *ONE* known debugging patch) and
also get a nice deb to install on the laptop.
Replying to self so that it might belp others:
* the CONCURRENCY_LEVEL variable is indeed specific to make-kpkg: if
you're not using that, it won't help
* to influence the debian/rules file, the proper way is to set
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS, like so: DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=parallel=4 fakeroot
debian/rules clean binary
Incidentally, I like this second method best because it is not
kernel-specific: it works with any package which supports this variable.