Web lists-archives.com

Re: Recommended debootsrap tutorials

On 2018-12-14, Tixy <tixy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Machine will boot with a single init program (could be a shell like
> busybox) that is stored in an initrd. So this minimalist install
> partition would just have /boot/vmlinuz and /boot/initrd.img (or just
> vmlinuz if the initrd was built into the kernel binary).
>
> Of course, this may not meet the functional requirements, but the OP
> hasn't specified any of those, just that they system be 'minimalist'.

During the net-installation process, when the installer proclaims, "At
the moment, only the core of the system is installed..." and presents
the user with a list of software to "tune the system to your needs," you
deselect whatever is ticked by default on that list.

That must give you something rather minimal (though it may not satisfy
the purists in the crowd, who are legion).

I wonder whether you could precede the process above with a preseed file
to that effect.

I guess the network wouldn't come up without further manual ado after
grub installation and a reboot.