Doing multiple independent install w/o internet
- Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 07:00:43 -0600
- From: Richard Owlett <rowlett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Doing multiple independent install w/o internet
I'm setting up a machine dedicated to *experimenting* with Debian installs using the content of purchased sets of DVDs.
The project's goals include creating: 1. a preseed.cfg implementing *my* idea of a "minimal" install. 2. suitable meta-packages(ww?) for above. The project's constraints/assumptions include: 1. doing repeated scratch installs w/o internet. 2. the DVDs' content will be decompressed and stored on a dedicated partition My tentative procedure will be: 1. copy DVD1 to a flash drive with dd. 2. copy custom preseed.cfg to that flash drive. 3. use that flash drive for each trial install. 4. create a script to install packages not on DVD1. *MY QUESTIONS* 1. Any problems with above? 2. Content of the Nth DVD of DVD set Q will be stored at /media/richard/DVDsets/setQ/dvdN . Is this the correct content for sources.list ?>
deb file:/media/richard/DVDsets/setQ/dvd1 stable main contrib deb file:/media/richard/DVDsets/setQ/dvd2 stable main contrib. .. deb file:/media/richard/DVDsets/setQ/dvdN stable main contrib
- Prev by Date: Re: How do I report a bug to Debian? ... as ReportBug has bugs.
- Next by Date: Re: Doing multiple independent install w/o internet
- Previous by thread: How do I report a bug to Debian? ... as ReportBug has bugs.
- Next by thread: Re: Doing multiple independent install w/o internet