Re: Re: does anyone know how to calm down 'tracker-store'?
- Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 20:26:50 +0100
- From: Patrice Duroux <duroux.patrice@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Re: does anyone know how to calm down 'tracker-store'?
On the server :
1. impossible to remove the tracker package unless to remove other ones:
dpkg: dependency problems prevent removal of tracker:
tracker-miner-fs depends on tracker (>= 2.1.0).
tracker-extract depends on tracker (>= 2.1.0).
rygel-tracker depends on tracker (>= 0.8).
nautilus depends on tracker.
gnome-photos depends on tracker.
gnome-music depends on tracker (>= 2.0).
gnome-documents depends on tracker (>= 1.99).
gnome-core depends on tracker; however:
Package tracker is to be removed.
gnome-boxes depends on tracker (>= 2.0).
dpkg: error processing package tracker (--purge):
dependency problems - not removing
Errors were encountered while processing:
2. I was trying to find a way to do it globally and 'silently' without asking
all the users to do in their session a set of 'systemctl' commands that they
never heard about. ;-)
Finally I have renamed the binary so at least to stop the log invasion.
3. For the laptop, I will try to chase the bug and install the debugging symbols
but for which packages precisely is not clear to me. I will start with the
gstreamer ones then.