Re: Mounting LVM logical volumes in break=premount
- Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2018 23:09:46 +0100
- From: Pascal Hambourg <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Mounting LVM logical volumes in break=premount
Le 21/11/2018 à 22:09, Sophie Loewenthal a écrit :
but when I ran ,
% mount /dev/mapper/vg0-root /tmp/a
I recall a message stating the fs count not be mounted because of
wrong file system type.
1) Make sure the LV is activated, e.g. with vgchange -ay
2) The mount command in the initramfs may require to specify the
filesystem type explicitly with -t.
Thanks. I must have been alseep and missed the -t ext4 . makes sence hevause there is no fstab available for it to look up the fs type.
AFAIK mount does not look up fstab when both the device and the mount
point are specified. The initramfs uses a different mount command (from
klibc-utils) from the regular mount (from util-linux). Util-linux mount
auto-detects the filesystem type when missing, klibc-utils mount does not.