unwanted change to lower desktop resolution during tty1 virtual console boot process
- Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 08:14:00 +0000
- From: Patrick Schleizer <patrick-mailinglists@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: unwanted change to lower desktop resolution during tty1 virtual console boot process
Not using any desktop environment. Not using any login manager. Using
Debian stretch inside VirtualBox.
Initially during boot the usual grub configuration  works for me. The
screen resolution get increased from to 1024x768.
However, as systemd continues booting, I see "Set console font and
keymap". Right before the virtual console (tty1) appears, the resolution
is reset to a lower 800x600. The window size decreased.
1) What changes the tty screen resolution later in the boot process?
2) How to prevent the screen resolution from being changed or how to
change the screen resolution by the program that changes it
fbset does not work at all inside VirtualBox. Error message:
ioctl FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument