Web lists-archives.com

Re: Dell Trackpad - No Primary Button

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 10:28 AM Dan Ritter <dsr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kent West wrote:
> I have a brand new Dell Latitude 5590 laptop on which I've installed Debian
> 9.6.

<snip>

> The trackpad moves the mouse-pointer fine, but the top two buttons do
> nothing (don't really care), and the bottom left is a secondary click and
> the bottom right is a middle click (as reported by the "Test Your Settings"
> area of the "Mouse & Touchpad" utility), and the"tap on the pad" function
> does nothing.
<snip>

Google tells me you have a
IEI Integration Corp DELL0817:00 044E:121F Touchpad

and that this is a HID over I2C device, which requires the
following kernel modules:

intel-lpss-pci
i2c-hid
hid-multitouch

and then it will work.

My Stretch system has all three of those (4.9.0-8-amd64),
so try modprobing them all and see what results you get.

Thank you for your response.

"lsmod" reveals all three of these modules are installed.

Just for kicks, I modprobe'd all three (with no visible response), but it made no difference.

--
Kent West                    <")))><