Re: buster upgraded postgresql
- Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 12:00:36 +0200
- From: Georgi Naplatanov <gosho@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: buster upgraded postgresql
On 11/11/18 11:52 AM, mick crane wrote:
> this last upgrade buster upgraded postgresql-10 to 11
> I'm not sure what uses postgresql.
> during upgrade think there was a message about pg_upgradecluster or I
> may have read that in manpage.
> :~# ps -ef | grep postgre
> postgres 599 1 0 09:36 ? 00:00:00
> /usr/lib/postgresql/10/bin/postgres -D /var/lib/postgresql/10/main -c
> postgres 600 1 0 09:36 ? 00:00:00
> /usr/lib/postgresql/11/bin/postgres -D /var/lib/postgresql/11/main -c
> shows postgresql-10 and -11 both running after reboot ( I thought reboot
> might dump 10 if not needed )
> should I do "pg_upgradecluster" ?
> how to find out if 10 is needed and if not needed stop it ?
> please bear in mind I don't know what I'm doing.
I think that you should the following:
- drop existing cluster of PostgreSQL 11
- upgrade existing PostgreSQL 10 cluster to 11
- drop existing PostgreSQL 10
- remove PostgreSQL 10 packages
You have to use commands: