Web lists-archives.com

Re: Archiving content of a directory on a DVD-R.

Hi,

i have to add that the example gesture

  $ dd if=/dev/sr0 count=1 >/dev/null 2>&1

which shall pull in the tray and wait until the drive is ready, does not
work any more. I was using a very fine kernel 2.6 for many years.
Now i am on younger ones which got probably broken 10 years ago by
   https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/210ba1d1724f5c4ed87a2ab1a21ca861a915f734

(I am still looking for a kernel developer who would be willing to work
 with me to fix this and a few other bugs or shortcommings. The oldest one
 stems probably from the mid 1990s. It's a matter of social standing and
 of the newest kernel on real iron.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas