Re: Recommendation on partition sizes
- Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2018 19:45:17 +0100
- From: Pascal Hambourg <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Recommendation on partition sizes
Le 05/11/2018 à 09:11, Rick Thomas a écrit :
On Nov 4, 2018, at 1:19 AM, Pascal Hambourg <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 04/11/2018 à 05:45, Andy Smith a écrit :
So, if I were you, I'd be doing something like:
- 512MiB /boot
- 2 GiB swap, or 16GiB if you intend to use it as a hibernate device
- Rest as LVM volume group
- 4 GiB / as logical volume
- 4 GiB /var as logical volume
- 50GiB (or whatever satisfies initial demand) /home as logical
Why don’t you include the swap in LVM ?
You want the swap partition to be encrypted with a random key.
Why ? What's wrong with a static key ?