Web lists-archives.com

Re: trying to redirect display output from laptop to a TV through its HDMI port ...




On 2018年10月28日 18:35:37 JST, Albretch Mueller <lbrtchx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On 10/23/18, deloptes <deloptes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I think this should help
>> xrandr --output HDMI1 --auto
>
> For whatever reason it is not clear from the output of the commandd
>that I am indeed using a SAMSUNG LCD Monitor connected to one of its
>HDMI ports:
>
>$ xrandr --output HDMI1 --auto
>warning: output HDMI1 not found; ignoring
>
>$ xrandr --output HDMI2 --auto
>warning: output HDMI2 not found; ignoring
>
>$ xrandr --output HDMI --auto
>warning: output HDMI not found; ignoring
>
># xrandr --output HDMI1 --auto
>warning: output HDMI1 not found; ignoring
>
># xrandr --output HDMI2 --auto
>warning: output HDMI2 not found; ignoring
>
># xrandr --output HDMI --auto
>warning: output HDMI not found; ignoring
>
># xrandr --listmonitors
>Monitors: 1
> 0: +HDMI-1 1280/160x720/90+0+0  HDMI-1
>
># xrandr --listactivemonitors
>Monitors: 1
> 0: +HDMI-1 1280/160x720/90+0+0  HDMI-1
>#
>
>$ lshw -c display
>WARNING: you should run this program as super-user.
>  *-display
>       description: VGA compatible controller
>       product: 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated
>Graphics Controller
>       vendor: Intel Corporation
>       physical id: 2
>       bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
>       version: 09
>       width: 64 bits
>       clock: 33MHz
>       capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
>       configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
>       resources: irq:26 memory:c0000000-c03fffff
>memory:b0000000-bfffffff ioport:4000(size=64) memory:c0000-dffff
>WARNING: output may be incomplete or inaccurate, you should run this
>program as super-user.
>
># lshw -c display
>  *-display
>       description: VGA compatible controller
>       product: 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated
>Graphics Controller
>       vendor: Intel Corporation
>       physical id: 2
>       bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
>       version: 09
>       width: 64 bits
>       clock: 33MHz
>       capabilities: msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
>       configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
>       resources: irq:26 memory:c0000000-c03fffff
>memory:b0000000-bfffffff ioport:4000(size=64) memory:c0000-dffff
>root@niggahme:~#
>
># hwinfo --monitor --short
>monitor:
>                       SAMSUNG LCD Monitor
>                       SAMSUNG
>#
> lbrtchx


Hi
seems it is written 
HDMI-1
and not
HDMI1

hth